Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Growing Up!

This time last year I remember telling my best friend in class that I had started a blog. I was so excited to get started and to see what it would bring me. Now, I'm realizing how much work it takes and that believe it or not, some people i know don't even comprehend what a blogs/vlogs are. I'm happy with how things are going though (except for the fact that somehow I can't keep a computer.) A lot has happened in this year, though. Mostly good. :D

For starters, I graduated high school. Everyone congratulated me and I felt like I deserved it. Why? Well, for most people graduating high school isn't that hard of a task, just one you need to hang in there for. For me, high school was a complicated mess of drama and making sure I made the grade. My ADD scared me passing through high school. I never knew whether it would make it easy or hard. I promised myself in eighth grade that I would graduate with academic honors and I'm proud to say with the help of some good friends and amazing teachers I made the cut. 


I don't think anyone understands how happy I was when they told me I had achieved my goal. I didn't find out until the day of my graduation and I was so ecstatic! I even keep my gold rope and everything on my lower shelf on my night stand. Soon, it'll be hanging in a shadow box in my room.


The next thing was being hit hard by the real world. I was so excited to attend college and socialize. I couldn't wait to make friends and go to classes. It really... well, sucked... when I found out I couldn't go. It was too expensive and I had to take a semester off. It made me so sad to face the cold hard truth that sometimes people can't pursue their dreams as fast as they hope. </3

I am enrolled for my community college this upcoming semester though!


Another thing that happened was, I got my license. It took me a while, but at least I got it!  I was so scared. I was completely fine with driving, it was the instructor that made me nervous! I made it, though! (:

And finally, I got my job. My job made me realize that I don't have to be in school to make friends. I helped me get over my shyness and come out of my shell A LOT! Just last week my friend who works with me and went to high school with me asked what happened to quiet little Emily. I'm pretty sure she's gone and not coming back. I like being able to talk to people and express myself. I just needed to be shown that I can't be scared to show people my personality or me in general.



I've made so many good friends working. I'm literally the happiest when I get to spend my time around those people. I love their company so much it even makes me sad to see the so upset in anyway shape or form.

So a lot has happened and I've had to grow up so much and in so many ways, but I wouldn't take my experiences back for anything! <3



No comments:

Post a Comment