Monday, October 21, 2013

The Ohio Rennassance Festival!

I have to apologize it's taken me so long to post. I meant to do so all week, but with my new job it slipped my mind. I am literally about to fall asleep right now and it's only 6 when I don't go to bed until 9. I bet I'm the only 20-year-old in Indiana who goes to bed that early???

Anyway! Over one weekend I was able to attend my favorite event of the year, The Ohio Renaissance Festival! I've been able to attend this festival since I was little. I remember when I was really little and I went to go get knighted by the queen and then I was aloud to buy a princess hat. I always thought I was so cool.

This is a blast from the past and a wonderful place to take the family! There is literally something for everyone! The kids can get knighted a knight or princess, while the adults enjoy one of the shows. If I might add check out the Kamikaze Fireflies! They're my favorite. I love how they mix pop culture in with their show. They use acrobats, whips, juggling, and fire for their tricks!


^Let's be truthful, who would want to see how he got to be standing on top of a member of the audience?^

I was even lucky enough to catch a picture with the female of the group, her name is Casey... or is it Kasey? I don't know but hey, I got a photo! 


Not only were the shows great, but so were some of the games. I was able to get out of my girly comfort zone and try my hand a archery! I also threw a couple axes but, sadly forgot to ask my boyfriend to take some photos. Boo! My boyfriend, Johnny, was able to throw stars, knives, axes... I was a little scared to stand at the "watching zone" behind him. Haha!


^The ground, also know as where most of my arrows hit.^



Johnny even went ahead and bought a couple throwing knifes. His excuse is he's going to learn. Now just to wait for the excuse on how he doesn't have time or how he doesn't know where to start. At least they weren't too expensive! I was able to buy a tiara (of course) and some more of my favorite NatureCraft Lip Butter. Igot "Sex on the Peach" this time. ALSO!!! I told them I wrote about them in this post and they gave me all they're information so everyone can find them!


You can also find them on Facebook (click here!) and Twitter! (click here!)

It was an amazing day! Now it's time for me to finish my coffee and head to bed. I'm so tired from today this coffee isn't even helping!


No comments:

Post a Comment